Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: Russian Ice Cream  (Read 2561 times)

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
Russian Ice Cream
« on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
I love Russian ice cream.
Most people who travel in Russia during the summer and note that almost every block you can find an ice cream vendor. "Eskimo" is the name for any ice cream on a stick, probably because Eskimo Pie was an early import adopted by Russia.
Local ice cream is usually looks like a pound of butter in a paper-foil wrapper. Kinda messy on a hot day, but very tasty.
The most economic ice cream are in cones with different flavors like vanilla and Kreme Brule. In a small village it can be bought for 3-4 rubles. In the city it is 10-15 rubles.
Even McDonalds had to lower its price for ice cream cones in Russia and it is the best value on the menu, last time it was about 30-cents.

My favorite now comes from St. Petersburg in a tub in the flavor of Vanilla with chocolate shavings.
Mmmmmm!

And the most wonderful thing I can report .... eating Russian ice cream is a dieter's secret.

Spending the summer eating ice cream daily and walking everywhere I lost my "spare tire" and feel great.

Russian ice cream.  Natural, no high-fructose syrup, no chemicals. Eat it and live long well and healthy!

Just look at me, over 100 years old! Or did the Red Army really get me 90 years ago?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:30:06 PM by Mariria »

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Russian Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »
Hello Admiral Kolchak,
I think the price range for ice cream changed to 30 - 60 rubles but it's OK, it's still very tasty.
And you can see my post about it here:
http://sennaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Sennaya.com | Forum