Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: Mariinsky Theater  (Read 3049 times)

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
Mariinsky Theater
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
Mariinsky Theater
Superb music and ballet venue built in 1783 by order of Catherine the Great.
A must place to see a ballet or opera. You can sit on the floor for big bucks, or get a local ticket and sit in the 3rd balcony.
The tickets are often over $100, if that is a problem you can buy russian tickets and pay a fee to convert them to foreign tickets at the theater, probably about $15.

During intermission walk around and go into the Tsar's box and see where the royal family sat!

Phone: +7 812 326 4141
Address: 1, Theatre Square
You can walk from Sennaya/Sadovaya Metro and walk along the  Canal Griboedova
Or walk up Vosnesensky to Dekabristov street from St. Isaac's Square
Other Contact: post@mariinsky.ru

laurentius

Re: Mariinsky Theater
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:00:50 PM »
Last time we went to Mariinskij ballet couple of weeks ago. We had to pay 700 rub for 1st circle seats, so not that much actually. My advice for the tourist is try to get the 400-900 rub. "special price" if that doesnt work just buy the regular tickets for I dont know 700-1600? roubles. The trick is to actually go to the theatre cashier and buy from there directly. ;)

Anyhow I always wonder where all the food and drinks are during the intermission. According to my understanding there used to be some large ball room where it was served and where people wondered around. I never seem to find it! I only find the small bar upstairs. So does this big ball room really exist? If so, where is it? :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:03:29 PM by laurentius »

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
Tenth International Ballet Festival "Mariinsky"
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
On 16th of April 2010 on the banks of the Neva river started jubilee, Tenth International Ballet Festival "Mariinsky". This year it marks the premieres of two ballets to music by Rodion Shchedrin: Anna Karenina "staged by Alexei Ratmansky and the" Carmen Suite "in the now classical choreography by Alberto Alonso. In addition, young choreographers from around the Lyang Edward, Emil chamfers and Yuri Smekalov in the New Generation "will present their works created specially for the young stars of the Mariinsky Theatre: Catherine Kondaurova, Victoria Tereshkina and Leonid Sarafanov. Also at the festival for the first time in St. Petersburg will be shown the legendary ballet Mats Ekka "Giselle", staged by the Lyon Ballet.
 "Anna Karenina" by Rodion Shchedrin opened the international ballet marathon season premiere.
Ballet Festival "Mariinsky" will last until April 25. The final gala concert balletomanes can see the stars of Russian and world ballet.

Sennaya.com | Forum