Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: March 8: Women's Day  (Read 4254 times)

Sennaya

• Administrator
    • Email
March 8: Women's Day
« on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
March 8: Women's Day

The day to honor all women. Flowers and sweet thoughts must be expressed to women.

Woe to any man who does not give lots of attention to his wife or sweetheart on this day.

And to mothers and daughters and friends. Kindness and appreciation to all.

In Russia this is bigger than Valentine's Day!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:22:59 PM by Admiral_Kolchak »

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: March 8: Women's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »
On the 8th of March all Russian woman feel like to celebrate the International Women's Day, which is also a day off. "International" may mislead you. Actually, only a few more countries celebrate this Holiday besides Russia, most of them are former Soviet Republics, it is really a Russian Holiday.
International Women's Day  is an internationally recognised celebration of women in their social, economic and political achievements. In Russia, the demonstrations that marked International Women's Day created alot of change that started the Russian Revolution of 1917. To commemorate the day's historic importance it is now a public holiday in Russia. However, rather than staging political protests the day has become a more sentimental, with husbands and sons showing their love for the ladies in their lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Woman%27s_Day

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
March 8, 2011, the 100th Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:32 AM »
100th Anniversary of International Women's Day Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The holiday is celebrated more in Russian than anywhere.
96-percent of Russian people believe the day is important.
Now, 100-percent of Russian women think it is important, -- that means 8-percent of men are not sure.
Well, be sure it is important to the women in your life and better not forget!

Besides being the International day to honor women, it is also the first holiday of Spring, love and beauty.
In russia women of all ages receive flowers, candies, perfumes, jewelry and other gifts from their husbands, children, male colleagues and classmates.

On March 9,  Russian men sigh with relief and congratulate each other on the end of the March 8 rush. And the 8-percent who did not think it was important?  They must live as hermits or at least without female favor.

mariann

• Administrator
  • I can do anything!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
What 8 percent your talking about? Admiral must have an explanation.

Although, let's tresure those man who can say such words as:

*Happy 8th of March! I wish you to feel happy, beautiful and loved!
You are so wonderful and lovely.
Roses are red, Violets are Blue,  I only wish to give some to you!
If I start now only 12,000 miles to go!*

In America Women's day celebrates women's rights to work and to vote and seek equality. In Russia we celebrate the Woman herself.

*I celebrate you in all ways my darling, as a beautiful amazing woman, as a talented woman who can do all, and as my special sweetheart I love so much.
May you always walk on the sunny side of the street and feel warm in front of the coldest ice. I toast you and adore you more than anything!
Always you are in my heart.*

Thank you

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
Maybe I am old-fashioned, but the man who does not appreciate women in his life is not a friend of mine.

A survey in Russia noted that 4% of people do not think March 8, Women's Day, is an important holiday.
I cannot imagine any woman in Russia saying it is not important.
Therefore, I conclude that 8-percent of men in Russia don't think it is important.
Such misguided souls!

How wonderful it is to have a day to celebrate that there are females in our world. It is fine that they can vote, it is fine that they can work, it is fine to have equal rights. But let's not forget that women should be treasured for their very existence, as our mothers, our sweethearts, wives and children.
It would be a very bleak world without our women!

So with joy in our hearts, guys, let's celebrate women!  Oooorah!

---

So who does not think it important to honor women?
     The sad alcoholic who cannot see a rose as a good investment when he can buy some vodka for himself instead.
     The hermit who lives in the forest with nobody. And likes it that way.
      An angry man who abuses his wife.
These are not friends of mine!

Sennaya.com | Forum