Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: Dostoevsky Hotel in St. Petersburg  (Read 3417 times)

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
Dostoevsky Hotel in St. Petersburg
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »
Dostoevsky Hotel - upscale and modern

207 rooms with views of the Vladimir cathedral. Vladimir Metro

Above the upscale Vladimirsky Passage shopping center. Beautiful and modern setting with the best (expensive) shopping boutiques in the city.
See our shopping tip about Vladimir Passage.

Prices: US$180 and up
Address: 19 Vladimirskaya Vladimir Metro
Above Vladimirsky Passage shopping center, The hotel occupies the top three floors of the passage

Book Hotel in St. Petersburg
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:34:09 AM by Mariria »

laurentius

Re: Dostoevsky Hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks during May 2009. The hotels location is excellent being both close to Nevsky prospekt and a metro station. Some decent restaurants are also nearby. The Shopping center Vladimirsky Passage is as Mariria said just below the hotel and is full of clothes, bags and accesories. You might find something but buying imported items from Russia might not be the best idea. To be honest you will find the same EU-imported stuff less expensively within the EU. The Lend grocery in the basement is quite well stocked and maintained, its also open 24/7.

The Hotel Dostoevsky itself was quite a disappointment. In the brochures and internet it looked decent enough but its really quite run down these days. They say the hotel is "european run" or something but I dont believe its true. The rooms are just "ok" with mid ninties interiors that should be replaced. We had big problems with the air-conditioning all the time the room was too hot. Must have been over 30 degrees celcius even during the night because it was way too hot for me and I'm used to 25 degrees at home. They tried to "fix" it but I dont know if anyone really even checked it out. Either way it was never solved.

The other big failure for this hotel is the breakfast. They seem to have hired teenage boys and giggling girls who really have no idea of running the place. The breakfast itself isnt worth it. It was just a disaster with not enough bread, fruit, coffee, cups, plates, spoons etc. Also the teen waiters torment the guests with broken radio with bad signal reception. Even Kenny G cd would have been better than D-FM with a lot of static. Dont go there.

Sennaya.com | Forum