Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: Starbucks delayed until 2010, Cinnabon will open at Leto Mall  (Read 1935 times)

Sennaya

• Administrator
    • Email
Starbucks delayed until 2010, Cinnabon will open at Leto Mall
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:59:10 AM »
The opening of the first Starbucks coffee shop in St. Petersburg has been postponed by two years, while the popular U.S. cafe chain Cinnabon is due to open two outlets in the city this fall.

There are many coffee shops in St. Petersburg, but no cinnamon roll bakers. The best currently availalble are at  the coffee shop inside Ikea or in the grocery stores rolls by the Boston company..

“Now I can say for certain that a Starbucks cafe will not open in St. Petersburg until 2012; we are not disclosing information about the reasons for the delay because of investors’ plans,” said Lia Dovgun, marketing manager of the Monaks Trading company in Moscow, Starbucks’ business partner in Russia.
Monaks Trading is owned by the Kuwait-based retailer Alshaya Group, which operates Starbucks branches in Moscow and the Middle East.

Starbucks was originally due to open in the Leto mall, which is located on Pulkovskoye Shosse. Leto is due to open in the fourth quarter of this year.

“I’m not sure that Starbucks is doing well now,” said Andrei Petrakov, general director of the RestCon consulting company.  “I can’t say that this brand has any advantages compared with the Shokoladnitsa and Coffee House coffee shop chains; I would say that Starbucks is maybe even in a worse condition,” Petrakov said.

---

One company trying to take advantage of that potential is Cinnabon. The bakery and cafe chain has signed rental agreements with the Galeria and Leto malls, Kirill Budarin, general director of Sinakor SPB, which bought the Petersburg franchise from the Russian franchise-holder Megagroup, was cited by Vedomosti as saying this week.

The cafe will occupy 97 square meters in the Leto mall, Vedomosti reported, citing Tatyana Malyanova, head of retail real estate at Sistema-Hals, which is building the complex together with Apsys. The operator has rented about 150 square meters in Galeria, said Byulent Sarakaya, general director of the mall’s developer, Briz. Like Leto, Galeria, which is located on Ligovsky Prospekt next to Moskovsky Station, is also set to open this fall.

A large cinnamon roll will cost 116 rubles ($3.80) at Cinnabon.

Read more
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:00:05 PM by Mariria »

Sennaya.com | Forum