Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: April 12: Cosmonautics Day in Russia  (Read 9653 times)

Mariria

• Administrator
    • Email
April 12: Cosmonautics Day in Russia
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »
April 12, 2009, 48 years since the first flight into space  by Yuri A. Gagarin.  108 minutes  in  space opened up the way to  other researchers . This first flight was both difficult and dangerous.  
 Referring to all the inhabitants of the Earth to start on April 12, 1961 Yuri A. said:"...My whole life seems to me now a beautiful moment... It is hardly worth talking about those feelings that I experienced when I was offered to make this first-ever flight.  Joy!"
The Gagarin's flight made a hypothesis about the possibility of practical human activity in space a reality, and opened a new direction in the development of civilization, and his enduring scientific importance.

St.Petersburg observatory
Санкт-Петербургский планетарий
Adress: 197198, г. Санкт-Петербург, Парк Ленина, 4
Phone: (812) 233-27-12

Moscow observatory
Московский планетарий культурного центра ВС России
Adress: 129110, г.Москва, Суворовская пл., д.2
Phone (095) 688 30 66
URL: http://www.planetarium-cc.ru
E-Mail: astronomy@planetarium-cc.ru

http://www.astrogalaxy.ru/322.html

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:13:32 AM by Sennaya »

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
April 12: Yuri Gagarin Day - First Man in Space 1961 50th Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:44:22 PM »
April 12, 1961: Yuri Gagarin became a world hero as the first man in space.

This date marks the 50th anniversaery of Yuri Gagarin's historic launch to space.

In 1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin  became the first human in space, making a 108-minute orbital flight in his Vostok 1 spacecraft. Newspapers announced Gagarin's accomplishment worldwide.

Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard became the first American in space less than a month later.

The first  space flight project between the United States and the Soviet Union was in 1975. The Apollo-Soyuz Project was designed to test the compatibility  docking  for American and Soviet spacecraft and to pave the way for future joint flights.

The Space Shuttle began visiting the Russian Mir space station in 1994, and in 1995 Norm Thagard became the first U.S. astronaut to stay on Mir.

Seven U.S. astronauts served with  Russian cosmonauts aboard the Mir laboratory from 1995 to 1998.

Space construction on the International Space Station began in November 1998, and it has been occupied non-stop since November 2000.

The first Station crew, made up of U.S. commander Bill Shepherd and cosmonauts Yuri Gidzenko and Sergei Krikalev, was launched on board a Russian Soyuz spacecraft.

The crew returned to Earth on the Space Shuttle Discovery in March 2001.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:13:50 PM by Admiral_Kolchak »

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
April 12, 1961: Yuri Gagarin's first orbit of earth
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
April 12, 1961: Yuri Gagarin's first orbit of earth

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs6ikmrLgg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKs6ikmrLgg</a>

A real time video documentary of Yuri Gagarin's first orbit, shot in space from on board the International Space Station.

Video combines this footage with Gagarin's original mission audio and a musical score by composer Philip Sheppard.

For more information visit http://www.firstorbit.org/

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
April 12, 2011 Yuri's Night 50th Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
The Expedition 27 crew of the International Space Station recorded a video  to send their greetings to Yuri’s Night events around the world and all others celebrating the 50th anniversary of Yuri’s flight. I loe the hair floating around in zero gravity!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6BThA641Rg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6BThA641Rg</a>

Expedition 27 includes Commander Dmitry Kondratyev and Flight Engineers Andrey Borisenko, Catherine 'Cady' Coleman, Alexander Samokutyaev, Paolo Nespoli and Ron Garan.

Human Spaceflight became a reality 50 years ago with the launch of a bell-shaped capsule called "Vostok 1" on April 12th, 1961. The capsule was carrying Soviet Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, who took his place in history as the first human to leave the bounds of Earth and enter outer space.

Exactly 20 years later, the United States embarked on a new era in spaceflight with the inaugural launch of a new type of spaceship — the Space Shuttle (April 12th, 1981).

When the next 20-year point arrived  Yuri's Night was launched and it continues to bring the excitement, passion and promise of space travel closer to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds.

http://yurisnight.net/

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
April 12: Yuri Gagarin's Golden Day - and night
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
Astromaut's Day, Cosmonautics Day, Yuri Gagarin Day, Yuri's Night.

Whatever you call  it -- the whole world celebrates the 50th anniversary of humanity's first flight in space, made by Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin on April 12, 1961.

For Russians, the date is observed as Cosmonautics Day, an annual holiday going back to Soviet times.

For 10 years, the rest of the world has been celebrating the occasion as "Yuri's Night," which has replaced the Communist Party theme with a dance-party theme.

The Yuri's Night website has registered 321 parties in 61 countries, from Afghanistan to Vietnam.
Yuri's flight stood for: exploration, adventure, scientific discovery, not jsut for Russia, but for everyone. It was a great moment for human kind.

Not only the 50th anniversary of Gagarin's flight, but  also the 30th anniversary of the U.S. shuttle program.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:49:34 PM by Admiral_Kolchak »

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
Re: April 12: Cosmonautics Day in Russia
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
Portrait of Yuri Gagarin and his award of the Hero of the Soviet Union, at  the exhibition dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the first man in space, in Moscow, Russia.

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
Vostok 1 rocket took Yuri Gagrin into space
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
Vostok 1 took Yuri Gagrin into space

Photos:
Vostok 1 R-7 spacecraft monument in Moscow, VDNH

Vostok 1 descent module after landing in the Saratov region of Russia, in the USSR, on 12 April 1961.

Vostok 1 launched from Baikonur in Kazakhstan, and took 1 hour and 48 minutes to circle the Earth.

After re-entry the descent module separated from the rest of the spacecraft.

Gagarin ejected 7 kilometers altitude and parchuted safely to the ground.

The descent module also deployed a parachute, but hit the ground hard enough to create an impact crater, bouncing several times before coming to rest covered in soil

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:05:11 PM by Admiral_Kolchak »

mariann

• Administrator
  • I can do anything!
    • Email
Re: April 12: New Planetarium in Moscow
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »
He was very cuty and smart guy! I wish I could meet him!

Here is about opening of New Planetarium center in Moscow. It was under renovation for 17 years.
I am glad it's opened now for us.

New Planetarium Moscow
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:55:33 PM by mariann »

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
Re: April 12: Cosmonautics Day in Russia
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »
That is great, I would like to see that museum.
Darn, I used to have curly hair before I lost it!

Sennaya

• Administrator
    • Email
April 12: Cosmonaut Day in Russia
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 02:02:38 AM »
Astronaut's Day, Cosmonaut Day, Yuri Gagarin Day, Yuri's Night!
Russian: День Космона́втики, Den Kosmonavtiki

April 12 is the day to celebrate Cosmonauts and everything about space.

In 2011, April 12 was declared as the International Day of Human Space Flight in dedication of the first manned space flight made on April 12, 1961 by the 27-year-old Russian Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. Gagarin circled the Earth for 1 hour and 48 minutes aboard the Vostok 1 spacecraft.

Sennaya.com | Forum