Sennaya.com | Forum | Facebook | Twitter |  

Author Topic: Northway gift shop means No way  (Read 4867 times)

Admiral_Kolchak

• Administrator
    • www.YaRussky.com
Northway gift shop means No way
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:01 AM »
I read about a British tourist who had a very nice visit to an upscale souvenir shop called "Northway", located at the corner of English Embankment and Truda ploschad.
So why not give ti a go? He said he was greeted at the door with a glass of vodka and a smile ...
Well, they took one look at me and told me there was nothing here for me, entrance is only by private invitation or with tour group! Northway the Rude way.
Okay, it is a very good looking shop. And many nice things. But unless you enter dressed upscale with money hanging out of your pockets to be plucked, be ready to get forcibly removed from the premises. Face control. Hmmmmm.
Unless you look like a rich tourist, wide-naive eyes, large designer purses and fat wallets in your back pockets, better stick to the souvenir markets where normal manners and attitudes for customers can be found.

Well, if you manage to stay in the store, let me know how your experience went!
Alternative: Go to the main souvenir market by the Church on the Spilt Blood and haggle a little for typical souvenirs.
And there are wonderful elite souvenir galleries especially in major hotels and they are happy to see you even if you keep your wallet in your front pocket where they may not have a chance to get it!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:35:05 AM by Mariria »

Mike

Re: Northway gift shop means No way
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
 :) I rather enjoyed it. High quality, and they do seem to treat you better if you spend a lot of money. I ended up buying a couple of fur hats not overpriced. I probably wouldn't have been allowed access either if it weren't for the group I was with. I did go in with the intention of spending money and that I did. Would have saved me quite a bit of money if they would have turned me away. That being said, don't judge a book by it's cover. Also a decent souvenir market near Catherine's Summer Palace.

Sennaya.com | Forum